An important meeting is coming up, Wednesday, October 5, 6:30 – 7:30, Providence Center, Room C.
We will begin our review of the Providence Comprehensive Transportation Management Plan and our task of working collaboratively with Providence to develop and implement strategies for reducing drive-alone commuting.
1) TDM Manager (#17 of Planned Strategies)
Dave Bodine will announce the success of Providence in hiring a TDM (Transportation Demand Manager)! This person will to work with our neighborhoods, the City, and Tri-Met to promote Providence initiatives to reduce travel-alone commuting.
2) Glisan crossing (#12 of Current Strategies)
a) Julia Jordan will report on the parents’ group that has written PBOT, with endorsement of Laurelhurst and North Tabor, to request a meeting about a safe crossing of Glisan.
b) Dave Bodine will report on his contact with the new principal of Laurelhurst about school and PTA support of the Glisan crossing initiative.
3) 47th/Glisan intersection (#12 of Current Strategies)
Dave Bodine will report on his contact with Judith Gray (PBOT) about having a PBOT rep come to a future TWG to discuss improvement of this intersection
4) 53rd and 55th streets (#9 of Current Strategies)
Dave Bodine, Jim Parker, and, we hope, Terry Dublinski will lead discussion of options to improve parking and traffic on these streets.
5) Terry Meskill, Providence Bicycle and Pedestrian Coordinator will lead discussion of improving the link between Providence and the Hollywood Transit Center and the possibility of Bike Sharing stations. (# 20 and #24 of Other Measures)
6) Jim Parker will report on PBOT’s updated transportation requirements for the City’s Institutional Zoning Project.
We hope to see you next Wednesday!
Jim Parker, Laurelhurst Neighborhood Association
Dave Bodine, Portland Providence Medical Center